Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Chapters 3 & 4

1a: I agree that living what you believe is both difficult and easy for teachers. I think it is easy because it is just what comes naturally to you. Since it is something that you believe in, then you want to do it. I think by just becoming a teacher is living what you believe. I know that I wont get paid very much by being a teacher, but that's not what is important to me. I also think that it would be hard because even though some of it may come naturally it always isn't the best thing to do for your students. Also some things you believe might go against what your principal wants.

1b: I think that differentiation definitely affects living what you believe. For me, having a differentiated class is living what I believe. I want to be able to teach my students according to their own needs. That is something that is very important to me.

1c: When I am a teacher I will never say to my students that its my class, I will say its our class. Students need to feel like they have some responsibility and say in your classroom. If they aren't apart of things then they will think that there isn't a point to listen to you and follow your rules. If there is a problem with something in your class talk to your students about it and brainstorm solutions to that problem. Children like to feel like they are important and that is a way that you can make them feel that way.

1 comment:

  1. Sharing responsibility is a powerful belief that requires differentiation.

    ReplyDelete